A. Every railroad in this state, upon discovery of livestock killed or crippled upon a section of the railroad, shall immediately make a report thereof to a livestock officer or to any other person designated by the department for the purpose of receiving the report.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 3-1701
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
B. The report required by subsection A shall designate the place where the crippled or killed livestock is located. The department or a person designated by it shall promptly inspect the stock, notify the owner and make a report of the inspection including therein the age, color, sex, approximate weight, marks and brands of the stock. One copy of the report shall be transmitted by a livestock officer or inspector to the division, one to the owner of the stock and one to the railroad. The copy of the report transmitted to the railroad shall be posted by it on Monday of each week at the section house or station house nearest the scene of the accident and shall be kept posted for thirty days.
C. Dead livestock shall not be destroyed by the railroad until the inspection required by this section is made, but if the inspection is not made within twenty-four hours after transmittal of the report by the railroad, the railroad may bury the dead stock and shall thereupon promptly notify the division or the person designated by it of the place of burial so that inspection may be made.
D. A railroad which fails to make and post any report required by this section is guilty of a petty offense.
E. The term "railroad" as used in this article includes any person, firm or corporation operating a railroad.