A. The council may employ staff, to serve at the pleasure of the council, and may prescribe the terms and conditions of employment of employees as necessary to perform the functions prescribed by this article. The employees of the council are exempt from title 38, chapter 4 and chapter 5, article 2 and title 41, chapter 4, articles 5 and 6. The council may also enter into an interagency agreement pursuant to title 11, chapter 7, article 3 with the department to provide the necessary administrative services to the council including:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 3-468.03
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Council: means the Arizona citrus research council. See Arizona Laws 3-468
- Department: means the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-468
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Providing secretarial and other services necessary for the council to carry out its activities.
2. Establishing separate operating accounts for the council.
3. Providing necessary financial and accounting services to the council including the issuance of checks, payment of bills approved by the council, annual audits, monthly or annual expenditure and receipt reports, preparation of an annual budget and any other financial activities requested by the council according to and under the provisions of state law.
4. Receiving mail and other communications for the council.
5. Receiving monies authorized under this article for deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the appropriate funds.
6. Accepting donated monies on behalf of the council to be credited to the account of the council.
7. Providing space for the meetings of the council.
8. Assisting in the adoption of rules proposed by the council.
9. Providing any other administrative services which the council requests or finds necessary.
B. If the department performs any function under this article, it acts as the agent of the council and has no authority or control over the council or the council’s employees or assets.
C. The council shall reimburse the department for administrative services from the monies received under this article in an amount agreed on by the council and the department. Monies received by the department shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the appropriate fund as required by section 3-108.
D. Department employees under contract to the council under provisions of an interagency agreement pursuant to title 11, chapter 7, article 3 remain under the direct supervision of the department unless otherwise agreed to by the council and the department.