In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 30-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Authority" means the Arizona power authority.
2. "Commission" means Arizona power authority commission.
3. "Commodity" or "commodities" means electric power or energy.
4. "District" or "power or water agency" means power organizations comprehended in this title or water organizations comprehended in title 45, or both.
5. "Operating units" means districts, state agencies, federal Indian agencies, cities and towns.
6. "Person" means and includes natural persons engaged in the distribution of electric power, mutual and cooperative concerns or organizations by whatever name called, corporations, firms, business trusts and partnerships.
7. "Power" means electric power or electric energy, or both.
8. "Project" or "work" or "works" means each and every facility necessary or convenient for producing, generating, firming or transmitting power, and all rights of way, lands or interests in land, the use or occupancy of which are necessary or appropriate in the maintenance and operation of all such facilities.
9. "Qualified distributors" means persons and operating units.
10. "Qualified purchasers" means persons and operating units privileged under this chapter to purchase power developed on the main stream of the Colorado river.
11. "Retail" means sales to others than persons or operating units.
12. "State" means the state of Arizona.
13. "Transmission lines or systems" means each and every facility necessary or convenient for receiving electric energy from production or transmission systems and transmitting it to wholesale customers.
14. "Wholesale" means sales to qualified distributors of power.
15. "Zone" means an area within a fixed radius or distance from Hoover dam or other point of receipt or production.