Terms Used In Texas Utilities Code Chapter 252
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Court: means and includes:
(1) a county court in the exercise of its probate jurisdiction;
(2) a court created by statute and authorized to exercise original probate jurisdiction; and
(3) a district court exercising original probate jurisdiction in a contested matter. See Texas Estates Code 22.007
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a natural person and a corporation. See Texas Estates Code 22.027
- Ward: means a person for whom a guardian has been appointed. See Texas Estates Code 22.033
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005