In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 32-301
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Barber" means a person who is licensed to practice barbering pursuant to this chapter.
2. "Barbering" means any one or a combination of the following practices if they are performed on a person’s head, face, neck or shoulders for cosmetic purposes:
(a) Cutting, clipping or trimming hair.
(b) Massaging, cleansing, stimulating, manipulating, exercising, beautifying or applying oils, creams, antiseptics, clays, lotions or other preparations, either by hand or by mechanical or electrical appliances.
(c) Styling, arranging, dressing, curling, waving, permanent waving, straightening, cleansing, singeing, bleaching, dyeing, tinting, coloring or similarly treating hair.
(d) Providing hair attachments, extensions, hairpieces and wigs when performed by a barber.
(e) Shaving or trimming a beard.
(f) Providing skin care.
3. "Board" means the board of barbers.
4. "Instructor" means a person who is licensed to teach barbering pursuant to this chapter.
5. "Mentor" means a barber who is approved by the board to train a person in a department of economic security-approved apprenticeship program in barbering in an establishment that is licensed by the board.
6. "School" means an establishment that is operated for the purpose of teaching barbering.
7. "Shop" or "salon" means an establishment that is operated for the purpose of engaging in the practice of barbering.