In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-2401
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Health care entity" means any of the following:
(a) A licensed health care provider.
(b) An entity that provides health care services through one or more licensed health care providers.
(c) An entity that contracts to provide or pays for health care services.
(d) A professional organization of licensed health care providers.
(e) A utilization or quality control peer review organization.
(f) A state health care provider.
(g) A component of the statewide emergency medical services and trauma system.
(h) A qualifying community health center as defined in section 36-2907.06.
(i) A committee or other organizational structure of a health care entity.
2. "Licensed health care provider" means a person or institution that is licensed or certified by this state to provide health care, medical services, nursing services or other health-related services.
3. "Quality assurance activities" means activities or proceedings of a health care entity:
(a) That are established for the purposes of reducing morbidity and mortality and for improving the quality of health care or encouraging proper utilization of health care services and facilities through the review of the qualifications, professional practices, training, experience, patient care, conduct, processes or data of licensed health care providers.
(b) That follow a process adopted by the health care entity that includes written standards and criteria.
4. "Quality assurance information" means information in oral, written or digital form that is submitted to, prepared for or by or considered by a health care entity for or in the course of quality assurance activities, including the record of the health care entity’s actions and proceedings.
5. "State health care provider" means a department, agency, board or commission of the state and its officers, agents and employees that is a health care provider to clients, wards, patients or other persons in the control or custody of a department, agency, board or commission of the state and a health care provider rendering health care services on behalf of the state that is covered by insurance or self-insurance pursuant to section 41-621, 41-622 or 41-623.