A. Each employee of the department of economic security who is employed in an information technology position and each employee or contractor of the department of economic security who has access to federal tax information shall have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to section 41-1758.07 or provide to the department documentation that the person has applied for a fingerprint clearance card. Each employee and contractor shall certify on forms that are provided by the department and notarized that the person is not awaiting trial on or has not been convicted of any of the criminal offenses listed in section 41-1758.07, subsections B and C in this state or similar offenses in another state or jurisdiction.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1969
- Department: means the department of economic security. See Arizona Laws 41-1951
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
B. The department of economic security shall not disclose information obtained pursuant to subsection A of this section except to members of the department’s staff solely for employment purposes.
C. For the purposes of this section, "federal tax information":
1. Includes returns or return information that is received directly from the internal revenue service or that is obtained through an authorized secondary source pursuant to section 6103 of the internal revenue code.
2. Does not include returns or return information that is provided by the taxpayer.