A. In addition to the provisions of section 41-1954, subsection A, the department may develop resources in the private sector to assist it in administering departmental programs.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-2012
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of economic security. See Arizona Laws 41-2011
- Director: means the director of the department of economic security. See Arizona Laws 41-2011
- Volunteer: means a person who is appointed to perform duties for the department without compensation. See Arizona Laws 41-2011
B. Resource development shall include the following activities:
1. Solicitation, acceptance and expenditure of private donations of monies, gifts, services and devises to accomplish the purposes of this article notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary.
2. Distribution by the department of private monies, gifts, services, contributions and devises to the following:
(a) Foster parents.
(c) Agencies that contract with the department for delivery of services to clients.
(d) Clients of the department.
(e) Parents, guardians or other persons responsible for the care of clients of the department.
3. Establishment of a volunteer program as follows:
(a) Volunteers who transport clients of the department on official business may be reimbursed for expenses, with the approval of the director or his designee, in the same amount and manner provided for public employees pursuant to title 38, chapter 4, article 2. The designated post of duty for a volunteer shall be considered to be his place of residence for purposes of receiving reimbursement under this subsection.
(b) The director shall provide a mechanism for recognizing volunteers and supporters of the department, which may include provision of plaques, pins or other appropriate memorabilia or sponsorship of recognition events.
C. The director may adopt rules to carry out this article.