A. A retailer may sell any tobacco product that is not otherwise prohibited by federal or state law from sale for resale, but a retailer may not acquire or possess unstamped cigarettes, or other tobacco products or cigarettes on which taxes levied under this chapter have not been paid, unless the retailer holds a valid license issued under section 42-3401.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 42-3403
- Other tobacco products: means tobacco products other than cigarettes and roll-your-own tobacco. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, municipal corporation, estate, trust, club, society or other group or combination acting as a unit, and the plural as well as the singular number. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Place of business: means a building, facility site or location where an order is received or where tobacco products are sold, distributed or transferred. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Retailer: means any person that comes into possession of any luxury subject to the taxes imposed by this chapter for the purpose of selling it for consumption and not for resale. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Tobacco products: means all luxuries included in section 42-3052, paragraphs 5 through 9. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Vehicle: means a device in, on or by which a person or property is or may be transported or drawn on the roads of this state regardless of the means by which it is propelled or whether it runs on a track. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
B. A person may not use a vehicle as a place of business for selling, transferring or otherwise distributing tobacco products. This subsection does not prohibit the lawful delivery of tobacco products by a person who holds a valid license issued under section 42-3401 using a vehicle that is owned, operated or contracted by that person.
C. This section does not prohibit business activities that are permitted under sections 42-3454 and 42-3502 for both taxed and untaxed tobacco products.