In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 9-911
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Board" means the police pension board.
2. "Department" means the police department.
3. "Departmental member" means a member of the police pension board chosen from among the members of the department other than the chief of police.
4. "Fund" means the police pension fund.
5. "Governing body" means the city commission, city or town council or other governing body of the municipality.
6. "Member" or "member of the department" means a member of the police department, duly commissioned and sworn as a peace officer with all the powers and duties thereof, and includes all ranks and both sexes. Any person employed in the police department who has actually contributed to the police pension fund before the first day of January, 1964, and who is not included within this definition, shall be allowed to continue to contribute to the police pension fund and to receive the benefits conferred by this article but all other persons are excluded.