|Article 1||Place of Business and Agent||10-501 – 10-504|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 5 - Office and Agent
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Associate director: means the associate director of the division. See Arizona Laws 3-481
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Cardholder: means a qualifying patient, a designated caregiver, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a independent third-party laboratory agent who has been issued and possesses a valid registry identification card. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Debilitating medical condition: means one or more of the following:
(a) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease or agitation of Alzheimer's disease or the treatment of these conditions. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Deliver: includes sending by mail, private courier, fax or electronic transmission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Delivery: means actual receipt by the person or entity to which directed and for electronic transmissions means receipt as described in section 44-7015, subsection B. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of health services or its successor agency. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Designated caregiver: means a person who:
(a) Is at least twenty-one years of age. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation and that is incorporated under or subject to chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Electronic transmission: means an electronic record as defined in section 44-7002 that is sent pursuant to section 44-7015. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Executed by the corporation: means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the corporation by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is in the hands of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit that is incorporated under a law other than the law of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Known place of business: means the known place of business required to be maintained pursuant to section 10-501. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Lot: means a unit of identical or similar items that are produced by one person and that are grouped or consolidated in one or more containers for packaging or transporting or a cluster of identical or similar items that are produced by one person and that are included in the same shipping order, bill of lading or other itemized transport order. See Arizona Laws 3-481
- Marijuana: means all parts of any plant of the genus cannabis whether growing or not, and the seeds of such plant. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Medical use: means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, administration, delivery, transfer or transportation of marijuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marijuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the patient's debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary: means a not-for-profit entity that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, sells or dispenses marijuana or related supplies and educational materials to cardholders. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent: means a principal officer, board member, employee or volunteer of a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary who is at least twenty-one years of age and has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Person: includes an individual, firm, association, partnership, trust or corporation. See Arizona Laws 3-481
- Physician: means a doctor of medicine who holds a valid and existing license to practice medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or its successor, a doctor of osteopathic medicine who holds a valid and existing license to practice osteopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 17 or its successor, a naturopathic physician who holds a valid and existing license to practice naturopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 14 or its successor or a homeopathic physician who holds a valid and existing license to practice homeopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 29 or its successor. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Premium finance agreement: means a written agreement by which an insured or prospective insured agrees to pay to a premium finance company the amount advanced or to be advanced under the written agreement to an insurance producer in payment of premiums of an insurance contract together with interest or discount and a service charge as authorized and limited by this article. See Arizona Laws 6-1401
- Premium finance company: means a person engaged in whole or in part in the business of financing insurance premiums, entering into premium finance agreements with insureds or otherwise acquiring premium finance agreements from insurance producers or other premium finance companies. See Arizona Laws 6-1401
- Principal office: means the office, in or out of this state, so designated in the annual report where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located or in any other document executed by the corporation by an officer and delivered to the commission for filing. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Registry identification card: means a document issued by the department that identifies a person as a registered qualifying patient, a registered designated caregiver, a registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a registered independent third-party laboratory agent. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- superintendent: means the deputy director of the financial institutions division of the department. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- written: includes blockchain technology as defined in section 44-7061. See Arizona Laws 10-140