|Article 1||General Provisions||11-1701 – 11-1705|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 11 > Chapter 12
- Building code: means the construction codes that were in force at the time of building construction, including plumbing and mechanical codes, electric codes, residential construction codes, energy conservation codes and existing building construction codes, and includes any property maintenance codes, neighborhood preservation codes, anti-blight codes or other similar codes, however denominated. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Countywide residential rental property inspection program: means any program that includes systematic or periodic inspections of a majority of rental properties in the county that have not been previously found to meet the requirements of section 11-1702. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Exterior inspection: means the visual inspection of any portion of a residential dwelling unit that can be seen from a public street or other right-of-way, or that can be seen from an adjacent property if a complaint or consent is received from the adjacent property owner, lawful resident or lawful tenant. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Governing body: means the board, commission or other body having charge of the financial affairs of a municipality. See Arizona Laws 9-521
- Interior inspection: means a physical or visual inspection of the interior of a residential rental dwelling unit and other portions of a residential rental dwelling unit that are not visible from a public street, right-of-way or neighboring property that is made for the purpose of looking for building code violations. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Municipality: means any incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-521
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Owner: means the person, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership, trust or real estate investment trust shown on the lawfully recorded title to the property. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Residential rental dwelling unit: means a dwelling unit that is leased or rented to one or more tenants. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Residential rental licensing requirement: means a requirement established by a county that property owners or property managers obtain a license or permit from the county, with or without an associated fee, before they can legally engage in the rental of dwelling units in the county. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Residential rental registration requirement: means any requirement established by a county for rental housing owners or managers to submit information to the county as already required to be submitted to the county assessor under section 33-1902. See Arizona Laws 11-1701
- Utility undertaking: means any one or combination of the following:
(a) Electric light or power, water, storm water, sewer, gas, common carrier of passengers, garbage, or rubbish plant or system, including but not limited to disposal, treatment or reduction plants, buildings, incinerators, dams and reservoirs. See Arizona Laws 9-521