Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 765 > Landlord And Tenant
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Authority: means a School Finance Authority created under this Article. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Bonds: means bonds authorized to be issued by the Authority under Section 1E-65 of this Code. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Bridge: means any bridge over or across a river, including any bridges on the approaches thereto to eliminate intersection at grade with any street, tunnel, public road, thoroughfare, highway, railroad or street railroad, where the complete project is located entirely within the State;
(2) "Net Revenue" means the gross revenue of a bridge less the reasonable cost of operating, maintaining, and repairing the bridge;
(3) "United States" means the United States of America and any agent or agency thereof;
(4) "Holder" means the holder or holders of any of the bonds issued under this Division of this Article. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 605 ILCS 5/10-701
- Budget: means the annual budget of the district required under Section 17-1 of this Code, as in effect from time to time. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Carrier: means any motor carrier or rail carrier other than a private carrier. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
- Caucus: From the Algonquian Indian language, a caucus meant "to meet together." An informal organization of members of the legislature that exists to discuss issues of mutual concern and possibly to perform legislative research and policy planning for its members. There are regional, political or ideological, ethnic, and economic-based caucuses.
- Chairperson: means the Chairperson of the Authority. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Commission: means the Illinois Commerce Commission. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
- Commission regulations and orders: means rules and regulations adopted and orders or decisions issued by the Commission pursuant to this Chapter; any certificate, permit, broker's license or other license or registration issued pursuant to such rules, regulations, orders and decisions; and all terms, conditions, or limitations thereof. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Community Reinvestment Act: The Act is intended to encourage depository institutions to help meet the credit needs of the communities in which they operate, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. It was enacted by the Congress in 1977. Source: OCC
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Defense attorney: Represent defendants in criminal matters.
- District: means any school district having a population of not more than 500,000 that prior to the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 92nd General Assembly has had a Financial Oversight Panel established for the district under Section 1B-4 of this Code following the district's petitioning of the State Board of Education for the creation of the Financial Oversight Panel and for which the Financial Oversight Panel has been in existence for at least one year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is a set of United States statutes added as Title VIII of the Consumer Credit Protection Act. Its purpose is to ensure ethical practices in the collection of consumer debts and to provide consumers with an avenue for disputing and obtaining validation of debt information in order to ensure the information's accuracy. It is often used in conjunction with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Source: OCC
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Financial plan: means the financial plan of the district to be developed pursuant to this Article, as in effect from time to time. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Household goods: means :
(A) Personal effects and property used or to be used
in a dwelling when a part of the equipment or supply of such dwelling; except that this subdivision (13. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
(b) "Board" means a local board of education;
(c) "Budget" means the annual budget of the board required under Section 17-1 and is subject to the authority of the Panel as provided in this Article;
(d) "Chairman" means the chairman of the Panel appointed pursuant to Section 1B-5 of this Article;
(e) "District" means any school district of this State not subject to the provisions of Article 34;
(f) "Financial plan" means the financial plan of the board required to be developed pursuant to this Article;
(g) "Fiscal year" means the fiscal year of the board;
(h) "School year" means the school year of the board;
(i) "State Board" means the Illinois State Board of Education;
(j) "State Superintendent" means the State Superintendent of Education. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1B-3