|§ 66-30-101||Short Title|
|§ 66-30-102||Chapter Definitions|
|§ 66-30-103||Form and Contents of Agreements|
|§ 66-30-104||Lien Against Real Estate|
|§ 66-30-106||Incorporation of Agreement in Instrument of Transfer|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 66 > Chapter 30 - Residential Ground Rent Act
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: means the board of parole. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of correction. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Community supervision: means :
- The placement of a defendant on probation by a court for a specified period during which the sentence is suspended in whole or in part. See Tennessee Code 40-28-301
- Court: means a court of record having original criminal jurisdiction. See Tennessee Code 40-28-301
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of correction. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Obligee: means any person or entity to whom a residential ground rent is owed, including its successors and assigns. See Tennessee Code 66-30-102
- Obligor: means one (1) or more individuals who are obligated to pay a residential ground rent, including their successors, sublessees or assigns. See Tennessee Code 66-30-102
- Parole: means the release of a prisoner to the community by the board prior to the expiration of the prisoner's term subject to conditions imposed by the board and to supervision by the department, or when a court or other authority has issued a warrant against the prisoner and the board, in its discretion, has released the prisoner to answer the warrant of the court or authority. See Tennessee Code 40-28-102
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Residential ground rent: means a rent or charge paid for the use of land, whether or not title thereto is transferred to the user, or a lease of land, for residential purposes:
- Which is assignable by the obligor without the obligee's consent. See Tennessee Code 66-30-102
- Residential purposes: means any use of land wherein the owner and/or the occupant thereof resides, including, but not limited to, the following uses: apartments, multi-family, single-family, duplexes and condominiums. See Tennessee Code 66-30-102
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Supervised individual: means an individual placed on probation by a court or serving a period of parole or post-release supervision from prison or jail for a felony offense. See Tennessee Code 40-28-301
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.