Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 25 > Article 7
- Accident potential zone one: means an area three thousand feet wide by five thousand feet long that starts at the end of each clear zone and that is centered and measured on the extended runway centerline, terminating eight thousand feet from the end of each runway and, for an ancillary military facility described in paragraph 7 of this section, includes an area delineated as accident potential zone one in the map described in paragraph 7 of this section. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Accident potential zone two: means an area three thousand feet wide by seven thousand feet long that starts at the end of each accident potential zone one and that is centered and measured on the extended runway centerline, terminating fifteen thousand feet from the end of each runway, except that, for Luke air force base, accident potential zone two extends thirty thousand feet southwest from the end of each runway and, for an ancillary military facility described in paragraph 7 of this section, includes an area delineated as accident potential zone two in the map described in paragraph 7 of this section. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Aircraft: includes a balloon, airplane, amphibian and craft used for navigation through the air. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Airport: means an area of land or water that is designed and set aside for the landing and taking off of aircraft and that is utilized or to be utilized in the interest of the public for those purposes. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Airport hazard: means a structure, tree or use of land that obstructs the air space required for flight of aircraft in taking off or landing at an airport or that is otherwise hazardous to aircraft taking off or landing. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Airport hazard area: means an area of land or water on which an airport hazard might be established if not prevented as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Airstrip: means a strip of ground that is artificially or naturally surfaced and that is designed and used at an airport or landing field for the landing and takeoff of aircraft. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Ancillary military facility: means :
(a) For political subdivisions described in paragraph 9, subdivision (a) of this section, the military auxiliary airfield that is identified on the map that is designated as Luke air force base auxiliary airfield #1, that is dated March 1, 2004 and that is on file in printed format at the state land department on the effective date of this amendment to this section pursuant to section 37-102. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Board: means the transportation board. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- High noise or accident potential zone: means any property located in the following zones:
(a) For Luke air force base in Maricopa county, within the 1988 noise contours developed and recognized by the regional planning agency in that county that includes the arrival and departure corridor that is the accident potential zone one and accident potential zone two plus the land area described as follows: starting two hundred feet from the south end of the westernmost runway at a width of one thousand five hundred feet west and two thousand five hundred feet east, measured perpendicular to the centerline of the runway, and extending southwesterly parallel to the runway for a distance of thirty thousand feet. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Military airport: means an airport that is operated by an armed force of the United States and that is primarily used for military fixed wing aircraft operations, excluding a runway or airstrip that is not immediately adjacent to facilities primarily used for operational control, maintenance and permanent parking of aircraft. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Operator: means a person who drives a motor vehicle on a highway, who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle on a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: means an individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association or body politic, including any trustee, receiver, assignee or other representative of a trustee, receiver or assignee. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Political subdivision: means a city, town or county and includes a school district. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Right-of-way: when used within the context of the regulation of the movement of traffic on a highway means the privilege of the immediate use of the highway. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Runway: means an artificially surfaced strip of ground that is designed and used at an airport for the landing and takeoff of aircraft. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- School: means any public institution established for the purposes of offering instruction to pupils in programs for preschool children with disabilities, kindergarten programs or any combination of grades one through twelve. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- School district: means a political subdivision of this state with geographic boundaries organized for the purpose of the administration, support and maintenance of the public schools or an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- School district development plan: means any proposal to build or expand a school but does not include repairing, maintaining or remodeling an existing school. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Structure: means an object that is constructed or installed by a human including a building, tower, smokestack or overhead transmission line. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Territory in the vicinity: means any property located in the following zones:
(a) For Luke air force base in Maricopa county, the zone is ten miles to the north, south and west and four miles to the east parallel from the center of the main runway of a military airport. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Tree: means an object of natural growth. See Arizona Laws 28-8461
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writ: means an order or precept in writing issued in the name of the state or by a court or judicial officer. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writ of certiorari: An order issued by the Supreme Court directing the lower court to transmit records for a case for which it will hear on appeal.