Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 2 > Article 2
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Alternative fuel: means :
(a) Electricity. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Board: means the transportation board. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver: means a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver license: means a license that is issued by a state to an individual and that authorizes the individual to drive a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Public transit: means the transportation of passengers on scheduled routes by means of a conveyance on an individual passenger fare-paying basis excluding transportation by a sightseeing bus, school bus or taxi or a vehicle not operated on a scheduled route basis. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215