Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 15 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Approval: means that a regulated training or educational program to prepare persons for licensure, certification or registration has met standards established by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Board: means the Arizona state board of nursing. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified nurse midwife: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified nursing assistant: means a person who is registered on the registry of nursing assistants pursuant to this chapter to provide or assist in the delivery of nursing or nursing-related services under the supervision and direction of a licensed nursing staff member. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified registered nurse: means a registered nurse who has been certified by a national nursing credentialing agency recognized by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist: means a registered nurse who meets the requirements of section 32-1634. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Clinical nurse specialist: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board as a clinical nurse specialist. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Disciplinary action: means a regulatory sanction of a license, certificate or approval pursuant to this chapter in any combination of the following:
(a) A civil penalty for each violation of this chapter, not to exceed one thousand dollars for each violation. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensed nursing assistant: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter to provide or assist in the delivery of nursing or nursing-related services under the supervision and direction of a licensed nursing staff member. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Licensee: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter or in a party state as defined in section 32-1668. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- medication-assisted treatment: means the use of pharmacological medications that are approved by the United States food and drug administration, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a whole patient approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. See Arizona Laws 32-3201.01
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Practical nurse: means a person who holds a practical nurse license issued pursuant to this chapter or pursuant to a multistate compact privilege and who practices practical nursing as defined in this section. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Practical nursing: includes the following activities that are performed under the supervision of a physician or a registered nurse:
(a) Contributing to the assessment of the health status of individuals and groups. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Registered nurse practitioner: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Registered nursing: includes the following:
(a) Diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or potential health problems. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Registry of nursing assistants: means the nursing assistants registry maintained by the board pursuant to the omnibus budget reconciliation act of 1987 (P. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Regulated party: means any person or entity that is licensed, certified, registered, recognized or approved pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Wilfully: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215