|Article 1||Board of Nursing||32-1601 – 32-1611|
|Article 2||Licensing and Certification||32-1631 – 32-1651|
|Article 2.1||Nurse Licensure Compact||32-1660 – 32-1660.03|
|Article 3||Regulation||32-1663 – 32-1667|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 15
- Adopted rule: means a final rule as defined in section 41-1001. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Approval: means that a regulated training or educational program to prepare persons for licensure, certification or registration has met standards established by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Board: means the Arizona state board of nursing. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified nurse midwife: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified nursing assistant: means a person who is registered on the registry of nursing assistants pursuant to this chapter to provide or assist in the delivery of nursing or nursing-related services under the supervision and direction of a licensed nursing staff member. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified registered nurse: means a registered nurse who has been certified by a national nursing credentialing agency recognized by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist: means a registered nurse who meets the requirements of section 32-1634. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Clinical nurse specialist: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board as a clinical nurse specialist. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- conditional approval: means a license or approval that specifies the conditions under which the regulated party is allowed to practice or to operate and that is prescribed by the board pursuant to section 32-1644 or 32-1663. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Delegation: means transferring to a competent individual the authority to perform a selected nursing task in a designated situation in which the nurse making the delegation retains accountability for the delegation. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Disciplinary action: means a regulatory sanction of a license, certificate or approval pursuant to this chapter in any combination of the following:
(a) A civil penalty for each violation of this chapter, not to exceed $1,000 for each violation. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Licensed nursing assistant: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter to provide or assist in the delivery of nursing or nursing-related services under the supervision and direction of a licensed nursing staff member. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Licensee: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter or in a party state as defined in section 32-1668. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Medication order: means a written or verbal communication given by a certified registered nurse anesthetist to a health care professional to administer a drug or medication, including controlled substances. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- medication-assisted treatment: means the use of pharmacological medications that are approved by the United States food and drug administration, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a whole patient approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. See Arizona Laws 32-3201.01
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Practical nurse: means a person who holds a practical nurse license issued pursuant to this chapter or pursuant to a multistate compact privilege and who practices practical nursing as defined in this section. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Practical nursing: includes the following activities that are performed under the supervision of a physician or a registered nurse:
(a) Contributing to the assessment of the health status of individuals and groups. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Presence: means within the same health care institution or office as specified in section 32-1634. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- professional nurse: means a person who practices registered nursing and who holds a registered nurse license issued pursuant to this chapter or pursuant to a multistate compact privilege. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Registered nurse practitioner: means a registered nurse who:
(a) Is certified by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Registered nursing: includes the following:
(a) Diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or potential health problems. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Registry of nursing assistants: means the nursing assistants registry maintained by the board pursuant to the omnibus budget reconciliation act of 1987 (P. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Regulated party: means any person or entity that is licensed, certified, registered, recognized or approved pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Unprofessional conduct: includes the following, whether occurring in this state or elsewhere:
(a) Committing fraud or deceit in obtaining, attempting to obtain or renewing a license or a certificate issued pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-1601
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Wilfully: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 1-215