|Chapter 1||Licensing of Nurses; Creation of Board; Education Programs|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 23 - Nurses
- Advanced practice registered nurse: means :
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- assessing health conditions: means the collection of data through means such as interviews, observation, and inspection for the purpose of:
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.1
- Board: means the Indiana state board of nursing. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1
- certified registered nurse anesthetist: means a registered nurse who:
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.4
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- forensic nurse: means a registered nurse licensed under section 11 of this chapter who meets the requirements of section 35 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.6
- INSPECT program: means the Indiana scheduled prescription electronic collection and tracking program established by IC 25-1-13-4. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.5
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- licensed practical nurse: means a person who holds a valid license issued under this chapter or IC 25-42 and who functions at the direction of:
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- nursing diagnosis: means the identification of needs which are amenable to nursing regimen. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.1
- nursing regimen: means preventive, restorative, maintenance, and promotion activities which include meeting or assisting with self-care needs, counseling, and teaching. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.1
- practical nursing: means the performance of services commonly performed by practical nurses, including:
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.3
- registered nurse: means a person who holds a valid license issued under this chapter or IC 25-42 and who bears primary responsibility and accountability for nursing practices based on specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, and behavioral sciences. See Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.1
- registered nursing: means performance of services which include but are not limited to:
Indiana Code 25-23-1-1.1
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.