|Article 1||Bids and Estimates||34-201 – 34-203|
|Article 2||Contract||34-221 – 34-227|
|Article 3||Eligibility and Preference of Contractors and Subcontractors||34-241 – 34-246|
|Article 4||Contracts in Restraint of Trade or Commerce||34-251 – 34-258|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 34 > Chapter 2
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Architect services: means those professional architect services that are within the scope of architectural practice as provided in title 32, chapter 1. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Contract: means all types of agent agreements, regardless of what they are called, for the procurement of services pursuant to this title. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contractor: means any person who has a contract with an agent. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Design professional: means an individual or firm that is registered by the state board of technical registration pursuant to title 32, chapter 1 to practice architecture, engineering, geology, landscape architecture or land surveying or any combination of those professions and persons employed by the registered individual or firm. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Design-bid-build: means a project delivery method in which:
(a) There is a sequential award of two separate contracts. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Engineer services: means those professional engineer services that are within the scope of engineering practice as provided in title 32, chapter 1. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Governing body: means the board, commission or other body having charge of the financial affairs of a municipality. See Arizona Laws 9-521
- Governmental agency: includes this state, agencies, boards, commissions, departments, institutions and political subdivisions of this state, municipal corporations and all other public bodies which may enter into contracts for the construction or repair of highways, buildings or structures, or additions or alterations to highways, buildings or structures, or for the furnishing of equipment, labor or materials. See Arizona Laws 34-251
- Horizontal construction: means construction of highways, roads, streets, bridges, canals, floodways, earthen dams, landfills, light rail and airport runways, taxiways and aprons. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Landscape architect services: means those professional landscape architect services that are within the scope of landscape architectural practice as provided in title 32, chapter 1. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Municipality: means any incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-521
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any corporation, business, individual, union, committee, club, other organization or group of individuals. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Person: means any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other entity formed for the purpose of doing business as a contractor, subcontractor or supplier. See Arizona Laws 34-251
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subcontractor: means a person who contracts to perform work or render service to a contractor or to another subcontractor as a part of a contract with an agent. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Utility undertaking: means any one or combination of the following:
(a) Electric light or power, water, storm water, sewer, gas, common carrier of passengers, garbage, or rubbish plant or system, including but not limited to disposal, treatment or reduction plants, buildings, incinerators, dams and reservoirs. See Arizona Laws 9-521