|Article 1||Administration||36-451 – 36-452|
|Article 2||Licensure and Regulation of Clinical Laboratories||36-461 – 36-479|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 4.1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Approved proficiency testing program: means a proficiency testing program which is approved and conducted by an accredited body approved by the secretary of the United States department of health and human services to meet the standards of the federal clinical laboratory improvement amendments of 1988 (P. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Board: means the police pension board. See Arizona Laws 9-911
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Department: means the police department. See Arizona Laws 9-911
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fund: means the police pension fund. See Arizona Laws 9-911
- Governing authority: means the individual, agency, group or corporation that is appointed, elected or otherwise designated and that has the ultimate responsibility and authority for the conduct of the health care institution. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Governing body: means the city commission, city or town council or other governing body of the municipality. See Arizona Laws 9-911
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- laboratory: means any facility, agency, institution, medical office, health care institution, building, or place which provides through its ownership or operation facilities for the microbiological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, cytologic, histologic, radiobioassay, cytogenetic, histocompatibility, pathological, toxicological or other examination of materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a disease or an impairment or the assessment of human health conditions or to determine the presence, absence or concentration of various substances in the body. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- License: means a regular license, renewal license or provisional license issued by the department pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, association or corporation, whether or not organized for profit, or any other form of business enterprise. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215