|Article 1||General Provisions||37-1201 – 37-1202|
|Article 2||Military Airport Land Exchange Section||37-1221 – 37-1224|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 37 > Chapter 8
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Authorized shares: means the shares of all classes that a domestic or foreign corporation is authorized to issue. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Class: refers to a group of memberships that have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption and transfer. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Commissioner: means the state land commissioner. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Improvements: means anything permanent in character which is the result of labor or capital expended by the lessee or his predecessors in interest on state land in its reclamation or development, and the appropriation of water thereon, and which has enhanced the value of the land. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Landowner: means any private person, firm or corporation holding title to any land that is wholly or partially in territory in the vicinity of a military airport. See Arizona Laws 37-1202
- Manager: means the manager of the section. See Arizona Laws 37-1202
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Subject property: means private land that is to be offered in a proposed exchange pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 37-1202
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Voting group: means all shares of one or more classes or series that under the articles of incorporation or chapters 1 through 17 of this title are entitled to vote and be counted together collectively on a matter at a meeting of shareholders. See Arizona Laws 10-140