Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 37 > Chapter 9 > Article 5
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Agent: means a person who is authorized by the department of revenue to purchase and affix stamps on packages of cigarettes. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Cigarette: means any roll of tobacco or any substitute for tobacco wrapped in paper or any substance not containing tobacco. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Manufacturer: means :
(a) An entity that manufactures or otherwise produces cigarettes or causes cigarettes to be manufactured or produced anywhere and that the manufacturer intends to be sold in this state, including cigarettes that are intended to be sold in the United States through an importer. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Quality control and quality assurance program: means the laboratory procedures implemented to ensure:
(a) That operator bias, systematic and nonsystematic methodological errors and equipment-related problems do not affect the results of the testing. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Repeatability: means the range of values within which the repeat results of cigarette test trials from a single laboratory will fall ninety-five percent of the time. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Retailer: means any person, other than a manufacturer or wholesaler, who is engaged in selling cigarettes or tobacco products. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Sale: means a transfer of title or possession, or both, or an exchange or barter, conditional or otherwise, in any manner or by any means whatever or any agreement to transfer, exchange or barter. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Sell: means to sell or to offer or agree to sell. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Wholesaler: means a person, other than a manufacturer, who sells cigarettes or tobacco products to retailers or other persons for resale, and any person who owns, operates or maintains one or more cigarette or tobacco product vending machines in, at or on premises owned or occupied by any other person. See Arizona Laws 37-1401
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215