Terms Used In Texas Insurance Code Chapter 6001
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC