|Article 1||General Provisions||41-1501 – 41-1526|
|Article 3||Military Reuse Zones||41-1531 – 41-1533|
|Article 4||Arizona Job Training Program||41-1544|
|Article 5||Arizona Competes||41-1545 – 41-1545.05|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 10
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Affiliate: means a person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with another person. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arizona basic enterprise: means any enterprise that is located or principally based in this state and that can provide demonstrable evidence that it meets one or more of the following:
(a) It is primarily engaged in one or more of the Arizona basic industries. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Arizona basic industry: means any of the following:
(a) Manufacturing industries identified by North American industry classification system code sectors 31, 32 and 33. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authority: means the Arizona commerce authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1501
- Authority: means the Arizona commerce authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Board: means the board of directors of the authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1501
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Broadband service: means providing access and transport to the internet, computer processing, information storage or protocol conversion at a download rate of at least twenty-five megabits per second and at an upload rate of at least three megabits per second. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Chief executive officer: means the chief executive officer of the authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1501
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Delegates: means those persons elected or appointed to vote in a representative assembly for the election of a director or directors or on other matters. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Employer: means an Arizona basic enterprise providing new jobs in conjunction with a project, except that the following do not qualify for the purposes of this article:
(a) Any corporation, partnership or other entity conducting a business identified by any of the following North American industry classification system code groups, sectors or subsectors:
(i) Industry group 7132 or 8131. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Executed by the cooperative: means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the cooperative by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is under the control of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Full-time: means permanent employment for at least one thousand seven hundred fifty hours per year. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Generation and transmission cooperative: means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grantee: includes every person to whom an estate or interest in real property passes, in or by a deed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Headquarters: means a principal central administrative office where primary headquarters related functions and services are performed, including financial, personnel, administrative, legal, planning and similar business functions. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Microenterprise: means any business that is located or principally based in this state and that employs ten or fewer employees. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- New job: means full-time employment in a new or expanding Arizona basic enterprise that pays an average annual wage equal to at least one hundred percent of the median wage by county as determined annually by the Arizona commerce authority and includes health insurance for employees for which the employer pays at least sixty-five percent of the premium or membership cost, but not including jobs of recalled workers or existing jobs that are vacant or other jobs that formerly existed in the enterprise in this state. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Primarily engaged: means at least one-half of the gross income of the enterprise is derived from the engagement. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Principal office: means the office, in or out of this state, so designated in the annual report where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located or in any other document executed by the corporation by an officer and delivered to the commission for filing. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- United States: includes a district, authority, bureau, commission and department and any other agency of the United States. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215