Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 10 > Article 5
- Arizona basic enterprise: means any enterprise that is located or principally based in this state and that can provide demonstrable evidence that it meets one or more of the following:
(a) It is primarily engaged in one or more of the Arizona basic industries. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Arizona basic industry: means any of the following:
(a) Manufacturing industries identified by North American industry classification system code sectors 31, 32 and 33. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Authority: means the Arizona commerce authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Chief executive officer: means the chief executive officer of the authority. See Arizona Laws 41-1501
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Employer: means an Arizona basic enterprise providing new jobs in conjunction with a project, except that the following do not qualify for the purposes of this article:
(a) Any corporation, partnership or other entity conducting a business identified by any of the following North American industry classification system code groups, sectors or subsectors:
(i) Industry group 7132 or 8131. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Full-time: means permanent employment for at least one thousand seven hundred fifty hours per year. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Headquarters: means a principal central administrative office where primary headquarters related functions and services are performed, including financial, personnel, administrative, legal, planning and similar business functions. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Microenterprise: means any business that is located or principally based in this state and that employs ten or fewer employees. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- New job: means full-time employment in a new or expanding Arizona basic enterprise that pays an average annual wage equal to at least one hundred percent of the median wage by county as determined annually by the Arizona commerce authority and includes health insurance for employees for which the employer pays at least sixty-five percent of the premium or membership cost, but not including jobs of recalled workers or existing jobs that are vacant or other jobs that formerly existed in the enterprise in this state. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Primarily engaged: means at least one-half of the gross income of the enterprise is derived from the engagement. See Arizona Laws 41-1545
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215