|Article 1||General Provisions||41-2251 – 41-2263|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 18
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authority: means the greater Arizona development authority. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Board: means the board of directors of the Arizona finance authority established by chapter 53, article 2 of this title. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Financial assistance: means assistance provided by the authority to eligible political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes pursuant to section 41-2257. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fund: means the greater Arizona development authority revolving fund established by section 41-2254. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Generation and transmission cooperative: means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Indian tribe: means any Indian tribe, band, group or community that is recognized by the United States secretary of the interior and that exercises governmental authority within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States government, notwithstanding the issuance of any patent and including rights-of-way running through the reservation. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Infrastructure: means any land, building or other improvement and equipment or other personal property that will make up part of a facility that is located in this state for public use and that is owned by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe that retains ultimate responsibility for its operation and maintenance. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Loan: means bonds, leases, loans or other evidences of indebtedness. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Loan repayment agreement: means an agreement to repay a loan entered into by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Pledged revenues: means any monies to be received by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe, including property taxes, other local taxes, fees, assessments or charges pledged by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe as a source for repayment of a loan repayment agreement. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Political subdivision: means a county, city or town. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Short-term assistance: means assistance provided by the authority to political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes in connection with the financing of infrastructure. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Special district: means any of the following entities established pursuant to title 48:
(a) Municipal improvement district. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Technical assistance: means assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Technical assistance repayment agreement: means an agreement to repay assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215