In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-2251
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Authority" means the greater Arizona development authority.
2. "Board" means the board of directors of the Arizona finance authority established by chapter 53, article 2 of this title.
3. "Financial assistance" means assistance provided by the authority to eligible political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes pursuant to section 41-2257.
4. "Fund" means the greater Arizona development authority revolving fund established by section 41-2254.
5. "Indian tribe" means any Indian tribe, band, group or community that is recognized by the United States secretary of the interior and that exercises governmental authority within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States government, notwithstanding the issuance of any patent and including rights-of-way running through the reservation.
6. "Infrastructure" means any land, building or other improvement and equipment or other personal property that will make up part of a facility that is located in this state for public use and that is owned by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe that retains ultimate responsibility for its operation and maintenance.
7. "Loan" means bonds, leases, loans or other evidences of indebtedness.
8. "Loan repayment agreement" means an agreement to repay a loan entered into by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe.
9. "Pledged revenues" means any monies to be received by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe, including property taxes, other local taxes, fees, assessments or charges pledged by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe as a source for repayment of a loan repayment agreement.
10. "Political subdivision" means a county, city or town.
11. "Short-term assistance" means assistance provided by the authority to political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes in connection with the financing of infrastructure.
12. "Special district" means any of the following entities established pursuant to title 48:
(a) Municipal improvement district.
(b) Fire district.
(c) County improvement district.
(d) Special road district.
(e) Sanitary district.
(f) Drainage or flood protection district.
(g) County flood control district.
(h) County jail district.
(i) Regional public transportation authority.
(j) Regional transportation authority.
13. "Technical assistance" means assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256.
14. "Technical assistance repayment agreement" means an agreement to repay assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256.
15. "Tribal subdivision" means any chapter, district or village that is recognized by an Indian tribe by resolution or through tribal constitution and that receives technical assistance.