A. The authority may provide technical assistance to political subdivisions, special districts, Indian tribes and tribal subdivisions in connection with the development or financing of infrastructure.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-2256
- Authority: means the greater Arizona development authority. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Board: means the board of directors of the Arizona finance authority established by chapter 53, article 2 of this title. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Financial assistance: means assistance provided by the authority to eligible political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes pursuant to section 41-2257. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Indian tribe: means any Indian tribe, band, group or community that is recognized by the United States secretary of the interior and that exercises governmental authority within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States government, notwithstanding the issuance of any patent and including rights-of-way running through the reservation. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Infrastructure: means any land, building or other improvement and equipment or other personal property that will make up part of a facility that is located in this state for public use and that is owned by a political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe that retains ultimate responsibility for its operation and maintenance. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Political subdivision: means a county, city or town. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Short-term assistance: means assistance provided by the authority to political subdivisions, special districts and Indian tribes in connection with the financing of infrastructure. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Special district: means any of the following entities established pursuant to title 48:
(a) Municipal improvement district. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Technical assistance: means assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
- Technical assistance repayment agreement: means an agreement to repay assistance provided pursuant to section 41-2256. See Arizona Laws 41-2251
B. Technical assistance may include the following:
1. Assistance in selecting outside consultants.
2. Evaluation of design and construction options.
3. Financial advisory services.
4. Assistance in satisfying statutory requirements.
5. Short-term assistance.
C. Assistance provided under a technical assistance repayment agreement:
1. Shall not be more than two hundred fifty thousand dollars for a single project.
2. Shall be repaid not more than three years after the date the monies for the assistance are advanced to the applicant.
3. Shall be in a form and under terms determined by the authority.
D. Short-term assistance represents an advance of financial assistance. The authority shall not provide short-term assistance unless the political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe has an approved financial assistance application on file with the authority. A political subdivision, special district or Indian tribe shall repay short-term assistance pursuant to a technical assistance repayment agreement.
E. The authority shall establish an application process and method of determining the allocation of technical assistance pursuant to section 41-2255.
F. Before technical assistance may be provided, the board shall approve the application for technical assistance.
G. The provision of technical assistance by the authority does not create any liability for the authority or this state regarding the design, construction or operation of any infrastructure project.