|Article 1||Legislative Review of Agencies||41-2951 – 41-2958|
|Article 2||Termination of Agencies||41-2992.04 – 41-3035.01|
|Article 3||Legislative Expiration of New Programs and Committees||41-3101 – 41-3103|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 27
- Agency: means any department, office, agency, commission, board or other instrumentality of this state specified in article 2 of this chapter regardless of whether monies are appropriated to such board. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bank: means any banking corporation or national banking association. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Committee: means any statutory board, commission, committee, council or panel that is not otherwise subject to article 1 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-3101
- Committee: means the joint legislative audit committee. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Committee of reference: means the appropriate standing committee of the house of representatives or senate that is appointed for the purpose of evaluating agencies subject to termination pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: means a business development corporation formed under the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Dissolved: means the status of a corporation on either:
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Member: means any bank or federal or state savings and loan association authorized to do business within this state which shall undertake to lend money to the corporation upon its call and in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Program: means functions and activities of a state agency or within a state agency that are preplanned to fulfill a distinct mission. See Arizona Laws 41-3101
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Shares: means units into which the shareholders' rights to participate in the control of a corporation, in its surplus or profits, or in the distribution of its assets, are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Special performance audit: means a performance audit of limited scope. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- State agency: means any department, office, agency, commission, board or other instrumentality of this state that receives, spends or disburses state monies or incurs obligations against this state. See Arizona Laws 41-3101
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Sunset review: means a systematic evaluation by the committee of reference under the supervision of the joint legislative audit committee, with the assistance of the appropriate agency, joint legislative budget committee, committees of reference, auditor general and support staff, to determine if the merits of the program justify its continuation rather than termination, or its continuation at a level less than or greater than the existing level. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- termination: means the date provided for termination of legislative authority for the existence of a particular agency pursuant to article 2 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes a district, authority, bureau, commission and department and any other agency of the United States. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- written: includes blockchain technology as defined in section 44-7061. See Arizona Laws 10-140