|Article 1||Legislative Review of Agencies||41-2951 – 41-2958|
|Article 2||Termination of Agencies||41-2992.04 – 41-3035.01|
|Article 3||Legislative Expiration of New Programs and Committees||41-3101 – 41-3103|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 27
- Agency: means any department, office, agency, commission, board or other instrumentality of this state specified in article 2 of this chapter regardless of whether monies are appropriated to such board. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Committee: means any statutory board, commission, committee, council or panel that is not otherwise subject to article 1 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-3101
- Committee: means the joint legislative audit committee. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Committee of reference: means the appropriate standing committee of the house of representatives or senate that is appointed for the purpose of evaluating agencies subject to termination pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- licensed: means any license, authorization, certificate, registration, certificate of registration, membership or other evidence of the satisfaction of the requirements of this state for the practice of a professional service. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- President: means that officer designated as the president in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or, if not so designated, that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of the chief executive officer, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Professional service: means a service that may be lawfully rendered only by a person licensed or otherwise authorized by a licensing authority in this state to render the service. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Program: means functions and activities of a state agency or within a state agency that are preplanned to fulfill a distinct mission. See Arizona Laws 41-3101
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Qualified person: means a person that is eligible under this chapter to be issued shares by a professional corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Special performance audit: means a performance audit of limited scope. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Sunset review: means a systematic evaluation by the committee of reference under the supervision of the joint legislative audit committee, with the assistance of the appropriate agency, joint legislative budget committee, committees of reference, auditor general and support staff, to determine if the merits of the program justify its continuation rather than termination, or its continuation at a level less than or greater than the existing level. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- termination: means the date provided for termination of legislative authority for the existence of a particular agency pursuant to article 2 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-2952
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- trustees: means individuals, designated in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the board. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Voting shares: means shares entitled to vote for election of directors of the professional corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-2201