|Article 1||In General||44-281 – 44-295|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 2.1 - Motor Vehicle Time Sales Disclosure Act
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Administrator: means the superintendent of the financial institutions division of the department of insurance and financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- buyer: means a person who buys a motor vehicle from a retail seller, not for the purpose of resale, and who executes a retail installment contract in connection therewith. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Cash sale price: means the price stated in a retail installment contract for which the seller would have sold to the buyer, and the buyer would have bought from the seller, the motor vehicle that is the subject matter of the retail installment contract, if such sale had been a sale for cash instead of a retail installment transaction. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Director: means the director of the securities division of the commission. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Division: means the securities division of the commission. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Finance charge: The total cost of credit a customer must pay on a consumer loan, including interest. The Truth in Lending Act requires disclosure of the finance charge. Source: OCC
- Finance charge: means the amount agreed on between the buyer and the seller, as limited herein, which in determining the cost of the motor vehicle is added to the aggregate of the following: The cash sale price and the amount, if any, included for insurance and other benefits where a separate cost is assigned thereto. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Minimum finance charge: The minimum, or fixed, finance charge that will be imposed during a billing cycle. A minimum finance charge usually applies only when a finance charge is imposed, that is, when you carry over a balance. Source: Federal Reserve
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Motor vehicle: means any self-propelled device in or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn on a public highway, except:
(a) Devices that move on or are guided by a track or travel through the air. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, partnership, association, trust, corporation or other legal entity. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Retail installment transaction: means any transaction evidenced by a retail installment contract entered into between a retail buyer and a retail seller wherein the retail buyer buys a motor vehicle from the retail seller at a cost payable in one or more deferred installments. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- sell: means a sale or any other disposition of a security or interest in a security for value and includes a contract to make such sale or disposition. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- seller: means a person who sells a motor vehicle to a retail buyer for purposes other than resale under or subject to a retail installment contract. See Arizona Laws 44-281
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Wilfully: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215