|Article 1||General Provisions||44-401 – 44-407|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 4
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Class: refers to a group of memberships that have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption and transfer. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Improper means: includes theft, bribery, misrepresentation, breach or inducement of a breach of a duty to maintain secrecy or espionage through electronic or other means. See Arizona Laws 44-401
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Misappropriation: means either:
(a) Acquisition of a trade secret of another by a person who knows or has reason to know that the trade secret was acquired by improper means. See Arizona Laws 44-401
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: means a natural person, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision or agency or any other legal or commercial entity. See Arizona Laws 44-401
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Trade secret: means information, including a formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique or process, that both:
(a) Derives independent economic value, actual or potential, from not being generally known to, and not being readily ascertainable by proper means by, other persons who can obtain economic value from its disclosure or use. See Arizona Laws 44-401
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Voting power: means the total number of votes entitled to be cast for the election of directors at the time the determination of voting power is made, excluding a vote that is contingent on the happening of a condition or event that has not occurred at the time. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- written: includes blockchain technology as defined in section 44-7061. See Arizona Laws 10-140