|§ 550.1||Short title|
|§ 550.3||Injunctive relief|
|§ 550.5||Defense — consent of disclosure.|
|§ 550.6||Attorney fees|
|§ 550.7||Preservation of secrecy|
|§ 550.8||Statute of limitations|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 550 - Trade Secrets
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Improper means: means theft, bribery, misrepresentation, breach or inducement of a breach of a duty to maintain secrecy, or espionage, including but not limited to espionage through an electronic device. See Iowa Code 550.2
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- knowledge: means that a person has actual knowledge of information or a circumstance or that the person has reason to know of the information or circumstance. See Iowa Code 550.2
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misappropriation: means doing any of the following:a. See Iowa Code 550.2
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Trade secret: means information, including but not limited to a formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or process that is both of the following:a. See Iowa Code 550.2