Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 9 > Article 5
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Consumer: means the purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of a motor vehicle, any person to whom the motor vehicle is transferred during the duration of an express warranty applicable to the motor vehicle or any other person entitled by the terms of the warranty to enforce the obligations of the warranty. See Arizona Laws 44-1261
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Issuer: means any person who issues or proposes to issue any security, except:
(a) With respect to certificates of deposit, voting-trust certificates, collateral-trust certificates, certificates of interest or shares in an unincorporated investment trust, whether or not of the fixed, restricted management or unit type, issuer means the person or persons performing the acts and assuming the duties of depositor or manager pursuant to the provisions of the trust or other agreement or instrument under which such securities are issued. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Motor vehicle: means a self-propelled vehicle designated primarily for the transportation of persons or property over the public highways. See Arizona Laws 44-1261
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- sell: means a sale or any other disposition of a security or interest in a security for value and includes a contract to make such sale or disposition. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Used motor vehicle: means a motor vehicle that has been sold, bargained, exchanged or given away or the title to which has been transferred from the person who first acquired the vehicle from the manufacturer, importer or dealer or agent of the manufacturer or importer and that has been placed in bona fide consumer use. See Arizona Laws 44-1261
- Used motor vehicle dealer: means a person or business that sells or offers for sale a used motor vehicle after selling or offering for sale four or more used motor vehicles in the previous twelve months but does not include a bank or financial institution, an insurance company, a business selling a used motor vehicle to an employee of that business, a lessor selling a leased vehicle by or to the lessee of that vehicle or to an employee of the lessee of that vehicle or a person who buys, sells, exchanges or offers or attempts to negotiate a sale of or exchange an interest in a classic car as defined in section 28-2483 or a historic vehicle as defined in section 28-2484. See Arizona Laws 44-1261