(a) Notwithstanding any other law, an agency designated in subdivision (b) shall require an applicant to furnish to the agency a full set of fingerprints for purposes of conducting criminal history record checks. Any agency designated in subdivision (b) may obtain and receive, at its discretion, criminal history information from the Department of Justice and the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Subdivision (a) applies to the following:
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 144
- license: means license, certificate, registration, or other means to engage in a business or profession regulated by this code or referred to in Section 1000 or 3600. See California Education Code 17330
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17325
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs, unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 17319
(1) California Board of Accountancy.
(2) State Athletic Commission.
(3) Board of Behavioral Sciences.
(4) Court Reporters Board of California.
(5) State Board of Guide Dogs for the Blind.
(6) California State Board of Pharmacy.
(7) Board of Registered Nursing.
(8) Veterinary Medical Board.
(9) Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
(10) Respiratory Care Board of California.
(11) Physical Therapy Board of California.
(12) Physician Assistant Committee of the Medical Board of California.
(13) Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board.
(14) Medical Board of California.
(15) State Board of Optometry.
(16) Acupuncture Board.
(17) Cemetery and Funeral Bureau.
(18) Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
(19) Division of Investigation.
(20) Board of Psychology.
(21) California Board of Occupational Therapy.
(22) Structural Pest Control Board.
(23) Contractors’ State License Board.
(24) Naturopathic Medicine Committee.
(25) Professional Fiduciaries Bureau.
(26) Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.
(27) Bureau of Cannabis Control.
(28) California Board of Podiatric Medicine.
(29) Osteopathic Medical Board of California.
(c) For purposes of paragraph (26) of subdivision (b), the term “applicant” shall be limited to an initial applicant who has never been registered or licensed by the board or to an applicant for a new licensure or registration category.
(Amended by Stats. 2018, Ch. 6, Sec. 1. (AB 106) Effective March 13, 2018.)