Terms Used In California Codes > Business and Professions Code > Division 1 > Chapter 7
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Board: means the Veterinary Medical Board. See California Business and Professions Code 4810
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Department of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Business and Professions Code 31
- City: includes city and county. See California Business and Professions Code 18
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Regulations: means the rules and regulations set forth in Division 20 (commencing with Section 2000) of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations. See California Business and Professions Code 4810