Terms Used In California Codes > Commercial Code > Division 1 > Chapter 2
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- physical therapy: as used in this chapter , and a license issued pursuant to this chapter does not authorize the diagnosis of disease. See California Education Code 76370