(a) The appointing power of any officer or employee not a member of the civil service may promulgate regulations governing vacations for these officers or employees. In the absence of these regulations, the rules of the department relating to the regulation and methods of accumulation of vacation for civil service employees shall govern.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), no paid leave including, but not limited to, vacation, annual leave, and sick leave shall be accrued by state officers in the following positions:
Terms Used In California Government Code 19857
- Department: means the Department of Human Resources. See California Government Code 19815
- Director: means the Director of the Department of Human Resources. See California Government Code 19815
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
(1) Executive Director of the California Housing Finance Agency.
(2) Director of the Office of Administrative Law.
(3) Director of Emergency Medical Services Authority.
(4) Executive Director of the Office of Criminal Justice Planning.
(5) Director of the California Conservation Corps.
(6) Director of the Arts Council.
The department may adopt regulations for the application of this provision to similar positions established in the future.
(Amended by Stats. 2006, Ch. 533, Sec. 14. Effective January 1, 2007.)