Title to all property acquired under this chapter and the revenue and income therefrom shall be in the name of the county. The title to such property and the revenue and income therefrom including any miscellaneous revenues, sinking funds, reserve funds and other such funds and the income therefrom pledged to the payment of and interest of any bonds issued hereunder is subject to the trusts created by this chapter in favor of the bond holders. All such property and the income therefrom is exempt from all taxation by the State or by the county or by any city and county, city, municipality, district, political subdivision or public corporation thereof. The management, operation and control of all improvements acquired, constructed or completed by the board under this chapter shall be fixed in the board and the powers, rights, functions and duties of the board with respect thereto shall not be impaired or interfered with.
(Added by Stats. 1947, Ch. 815.)
Terms Used In California Government Code 26307
- Bonds: as used in this chapter means the written evidence of any obligation incurred by the board payable out of revenues as provided in this chapter in order to secure funds with which to carry out the purposes of this chapter irrespective of the form of such obligation whether in the form of bonds, notes, debentures, interest bearing certificates or other forms prescribed by the board. See California Government Code 26399
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Revenue: as used in this chapter shall mean all fees, rates, charges, rentals or other income and revenue actually received or receivable by or for the account of the board from the operation of any particular project including without limiting the generality of the foregoing interest allowed on any moneys or securities and any proceeds derived from the sale of any securities and any consideration in any way derived from the particular project owned, operated or maintained by the board. See California Government Code 26400
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404