The board shall issue revenue bonds in the name of the county. These bonds shall constitute obligations of the project only, and neither the payment of the principal or interest of any such bond constitutes a debt, liability or obligation of the county or of the State of California. All bonds issued by the board shall contain a recital on their face that neither the payment of the principal or any part thereof nor any interest thereon constitutes a debt, liability or obligation of the county or of the State.
(Added by Stats. 1947, Ch. 815.)
Terms Used In California Government Code 26315
- Bonds: as used in this chapter means the written evidence of any obligation incurred by the board payable out of revenues as provided in this chapter in order to secure funds with which to carry out the purposes of this chapter irrespective of the form of such obligation whether in the form of bonds, notes, debentures, interest bearing certificates or other forms prescribed by the board. See California Government Code 26399
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Revenue: as used in this chapter shall mean all fees, rates, charges, rentals or other income and revenue actually received or receivable by or for the account of the board from the operation of any particular project including without limiting the generality of the foregoing interest allowed on any moneys or securities and any proceeds derived from the sale of any securities and any consideration in any way derived from the particular project owned, operated or maintained by the board. See California Government Code 26400
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427