Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 12 > Chapter 1
- authority: means the North Coast Railroad Authority. See California Government Code 93004
- Branch office: means any additional physical location, other than the principal place of business of a licensee, where any locksmith service is provided. See California Business and Professions Code 6980
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Director: means the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs. See California Business and Professions Code 6980
- Licensee: means a business entity, whether an individual, partnership, or corporation, licensed under this chapter. See California Business and Professions Code 6980
- Locksmith: means any person who, for any consideration or compensation whatsoever, engages, directly or indirectly and as a primary or secondary object, in the business of rekeying, installing, repairing, opening, modifying locks, or who originates keys for locks, including, but not limited to, electronic cloning of transponder keys and any other electronic programming of automotive keys and electronic operating devices, such as key fobs, door and ignition key devices, and successive electronic and other high-security key technology. See California Business and Professions Code 6980
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.