|§ 19886||As used in this article the term “firefighter of the state” or …|
|§ 19886.1||Whenever any firefighter of the state dies or is disabled from …|
|§ 19886.2||Nothing in this article shall be deemed to:(a) Require the …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 5 > Part 2.6 > Chapter 2.5 > Article 6
- department: refer to the Director and Department of Finance, respectively, unless the context otherwise requires. See California Government Code 13001
- Department: means the Department of Human Resources. See California Government Code 19815
- Discrimination: includes refusal to sell, rent, or lease housing accommodations. See California Government Code 19880.1
- Elector: means a person who is a United States citizen 18 years of age or older and, except as specified in subdivision (b), is a resident of an election precinct in this state on or before the day of an election. See California Education Code 88101
- firefighter: shall be deemed to include a member of a fire department or fire service of the state, including the University of California, whether these members are volunteer, partly paid, or fully paid, excepting those whose principal duties are clerical, such as stenographers, telephone operators and other workers not engaged in fire-suppression or rescue operations or the protection or preservation of life or property. See California Government Code 19886
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Measure: means any constitutional amendment or other proposition submitted to a popular vote at any election. See California Education Code 88108
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes one or more individuals, partnerships, associations, corporations, limited liability companies, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, and receivers or other fiduciaries. See California Government Code 19878
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Education Code 88183
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.