Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 7 > Division 3
- City council or board of supervisors: includes the proper corresponding governing board and authority in each place where the division applies. See California Government Code 53398.8
- Commissioner: means any county agricultural commissioner. See California Education Code 19957.5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19958
- county surveyor: includes the like or corresponding officer, subject to the direction of the corresponding governing board and authority in each place where the division applies. See California Government Code 53398.8
- general partner: means :
California Government Code 53398.15
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes individuals, limited liability companies, partnerships and other associations, and corporations. See California Government Code 53398.17
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, corporation, limited liability company, or any organized group of persons whether incorporated or not. See California Education Code 19963
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19970
- Town: includes "unincorporated town" and "village. See California Education Code 19430