Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 104 > Part 11 > Chapter 1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 25000.5