As used in this article, these terms shall have the following meanings:
(a) “Adjusted RBC Report” means a Risk-Based Capital (RBC) report that has been adjusted by the commissioner in accordance with subdivision (b) or (c) of Section 739.2.
Terms Used In California Insurance Code 739
- Commissioner: means the Insurance Commissioner of this State. See California Education Code 25022.5
- Mortgage: includes a trust deed, "mortgagor" includes a trustor under such trust deed, "mortgagee" includes a beneficiary under such trust deed, or a trustee exercising powers or performing duties granted to or imposed upon him thereunder, and "lien" in respect to real or personal property includes a charge or incumbrance arising out of a trust deed. See California Education Code 32034
(b) “Corrective Order” means an order issued by the commissioner specifying corrective actions that the commissioner has determined are required.
(c) “Domestic insurer” means any life or health insurer or property and casualty insurer organized in this state.
(d) “Foreign insurer” means any life or health insurer or property and casualty insurer that is licensed to do business in this state but is not domiciled in this state.
(e) “Life or health insurer” means any admitted insurer issuing insurance subject to Part 2 (commencing with Section 10110) of Division 2, or a licensed property and casualty insurer writing only disability insurance.
(f) “NAIC” means the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(g) “Negative trend” means, with respect to a life or health insurer, a negative trend over a period of time, as determined in accordance with the “Trend Test Calculation” included in the RBC Instructions defined in subdivision (i).
(h) “Property and casualty insurer” means any admitted insurer writing insurance as described in Section 102, 103, 105, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 118, 119.5, 119.6, or 120, but does not include monoline mortgage guaranty insurers, financial guaranty insurers, or title insurers.
(i) “RBC Instructions” means the RBC Report, including risk-based capital instructions adopted by the NAIC, and as the RBC Instructions may be amended by the NAIC from time to time in accordance with the procedures adopted by the NAIC.
(j) “RBC Level” means an insurer’s Company Action Level RBC, Regulatory Action Level RBC, Authorized Control Level RBC, or Mandatory Control Level RBC where:
(1) “Company Action Level RBC” means, with respect to any insurer, the product of 2.0 and its Authorized Control Level RBC.
(2) “Regulatory Action Level RBC” means the product of 1.5 and its Authorized Control Level RBC.
(3) “Authorized Control Level RBC” means the number determined under the risk-based capital formula in accordance with the RBC Instructions.
(4) “Mandatory Control Level RBC” means the product of .70 and the Authorized Control Level RBC.
(k) “RBC Plan” means a comprehensive financial plan containing the elements specified in subdivision (b) of Section 739.3. If the commissioner rejects the RBC Plan, and it is revised by the insurer, with or without the commissioner’s recommendation, the plan shall be called the “Revised RBC Plan.”
(l) “RBC Report” means the report required in Section 739.2.
(m) “Total Adjusted Capital” means the sum of:
(1) An insurer’s statutory capital and surplus.
(2) Other items, if any, that the RBC Instructions may provide.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 321, Sec. 4. (AB 1391) Effective January 1, 2014.)