The Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, consisting of seven members, shall exercise all judicial powers vested in it under this code. In all other respects, the Division of Workers’ Compensation is under the control of the administrative director and, except as to those duties, powers, jurisdiction, responsibilities, and purposes as are specifically vested in the appeals board, the administrative director shall exercise the powers of the head of a department within the meaning of Article 1 (commencing with Section 11150) of Chapter 2 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code with respect to the Division of Workers’ Compensation which shall include supervision of, and responsibility for, personnel, and the coordination of the work of the division, except personnel of the appeals board.
(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 728, Sec. 117. (SB 71) Effective January 1, 2013.)
Terms Used In California Labor Code 111
- Administrative director: means the Administrative Director of the Division of Workers' Compensation. See California Labor Code 110
- Appeals board: means the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. See California Labor Code 110
- Department: means Department of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 19
- Director: means Director of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 20
- Division: means the Division of Workers' Compensation. See California Labor Code 110
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.