The administrative director shall appoint a medical director who shall possess a physician’s and surgeon’s certificate granted under Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 2000) of Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code. The medical director shall employ medical assistants who shall also possess physicians’ and surgeons’ certificates and other staff necessary to the performance of his or her duties. The salaries for the medical director and his or her assistants shall be fixed by the Department of Human Resources, commensurate with the salaries paid by private industry to medical directors and assistant medical directors.
(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 665, Sec. 176. (SB 1308) Effective January 1, 2013.)
Terms Used In California Labor Code 122
- Administrative director: means the Administrative Director of the Division of Workers' Compensation. See California Labor Code 110
- Department: means Department of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 19
- Director: means Director of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 20
- Division: means the Division of Workers' Compensation. See California Labor Code 110
- Medical director: means the physician appointed by the administrative director pursuant to Section 122. See California Labor Code 110