(a) In administering and enforcing this division and Division 4 (commencing with Section 3200), the division shall protect the interests of injured workers who are entitled to the timely provision of compensation.
(b) Forms and notices required to be given to employees by the division shall be in English and Spanish.
Terms Used In California Labor Code 124
(c) In addition to the requirement in subdivision (b), no later than January 1, 2018, the department and the division shall make at least the following forms, notices, and materials available in Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese:
(1) The workers’ compensation claim form required pursuant to Section 5401.
(2) The application for the Return-to-Work Supplement Program authorized pursuant to Section 139.48.
(3) Supplemental Job Displacement Non-Transferable Voucher.
(4) Division of Workers’ Compensation fact sheets distributed to injured workers, including, but not limited to, those addressing the following topics:
(A) Temporary disability.
(B) Permanent disability.
(C) Qualified medical evaluators.
(D) Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund.
(E) Utilization review.
(F) Basic facts on workers’ compensation.
(G) Glossary of terms in workers’ compensation.
(d) (1) Commencing January 1, 2018, the Administrative Director shall annually review the forms, notices, and materials that are published and distributed by the division to injured workers and recommend to the division any other documents that should be translated into languages other than English pursuant to subdivisions (b) and (c).
(2) Commencing January 1, 2018, and annually thereafter, the department and the division shall submit the recommendations and any translated documents to the Legislature.
(Amended by Stats. 2015, Ch. 515, Sec. 1. (AB 438) Effective January 1, 2016.)