Terms Used In California Codes > Military and Veterans Code > Division 3 > Chapter 1 - Emblems
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Flag: as used in this division , means the State Flag of California and the Flag of the United States, as defined in this section. See California Military and Veterans Code 611
- Flag of the United States: includes any flag, standard, colors, or ensign authorized by the laws of the United States or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America, or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, standards, colors, or ensign of the United States of America. See California Military and Veterans Code 611
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.