(a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (c), the business of a licensee shall be conducted only in the buildings designated in the license.
(b) (1) A person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 and 26705 may take possession of firearms and commence preparation of registers for the sale, delivery, or transfer of firearms at any gun show or event, as defined in Section 478.100 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor, if the gun show or event is not conducted from any motorized or towed vehicle. A person conducting business pursuant to this subdivision shall be entitled to conduct business as authorized herein at any gun show or event in the state, without regard to the jurisdiction within this state that issued the license pursuant to Sections 26700 and 26705, provided the person complies with all applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the waiting period specified in subdivision (a) of Section 26815, and all applicable local laws, regulations, and fees, if any.
Terms Used In California Penal Code 26805
- firearm: includes the frame or receiver of the weapon:
California Revenue and Taxation Code 30222
(2) A person conducting business pursuant to this subdivision shall publicly display the person’s license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 and 26705, or a facsimile thereof, at any gun show or event, as specified in this subdivision.
(c) (1) A person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 and 26705 may engage in the sale and transfer of firearms other than handguns, at events specified in Sections 26955, 27655, 27900, and 27905, subject to the prohibitions and restrictions contained in those sections.
(2) A person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 and 26705 may also accept delivery of firearms other than handguns, outside the building designated in the license, provided the firearm is being donated for the purpose of sale or transfer at an auction or similar event specified in Section 27900.
(d) The firearm may be delivered to the purchaser, transferee, or person being loaned the firearm at one of the following places:
(1) The building designated in the license.
(2) The places specified in subdivision (b) or (c).
(3) The place of residence of, the fixed place of business of, or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by, the purchaser, transferee, or person being loaned the firearm.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 745, Sec. 7. (AB 809) Effective January 1, 2012.)